The Match has a medium to tip action for easy loading up during the cast and this also helps to prevent covering the beach with your precious bait. The big benefit to the pleasure angler and match angler alike is that it still retains the stable, super sensitive tip, which gives good bite detection. The Match is versatile because it is easy to cast and covers a wide variety of conditions. The original rods were prototyped on the Sound of Mull, Western Highlands where they really rattled dogfish and conger to depths of over 300’ with powerful tides. A proven Home and International Match winner when a gentle lob of a big pork pie size crab bait into the back of the breaking surf – got the desired results.
The Tip Tornado Match has a slightly less pronounced J curve action than the Super Match when under moderate compression and this continues more progressively into the barrel of the tip when under full compression. The sensitivity is still acute and it will suit a relaxed casting style such as overhead or off the ground.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 2×2 carbon twill – upper butt: 3k-1k carbon lower tip – unground UD carbon upper tip
- Factory Finish: Fuji Titanium K Guides
- Tied in red metallic and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape between top two guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century sliding reel seat with integrated Coaster
- Century partition rod case