The WR300 is so named after achieving a new UKSF and World Record cast at Huntingdon, England in May 2002 on 150gm (5.25 ozs) weight. The exact distance was 301.43 yards. The first rod ever to cast over 300 yards at UKSF Grand Prix: many had said it could not be done and many had tried for years. Autoclave Technology, Gearbox Design and the remarkable dedication of Danny Moeskops made it possible.
Now what’s that all got to do with angling and what benefits does this bring to you? Simple – Century set out to produce a true fishing rod because the style of casting used in the arena of Tournament casting is not that different to practical sea fishing – just add a whole load of practice and dedication. Using heavier lines to combat with tough conditions the Gearbox gives terrific control during the compression stage of the cast and brings feel on the retrieve through dense kelp and over rough ground. The WR 300 is a user friendly, practical sea-angling rod that will lift your aspirations to the highest levels. It will retain its casting and fishing parameters long after others have given up the ghost.
Undoubtedly a rod for tough conditions where kelp jungles would overwhelm ordinary rods and leave you wondering exactly what you had lost.
- Gearbox Design butt and Autoclave Technology
- Blank colour: 3K-3Kcarbon twill – upper butt: unground UD carbon tip
- Factory Finish: Fuji Titanium K Guides
- Tied in metallic gold and jet black
- Marine grade etched stainless steel trim bands – upper and lower butt
- Japanese shrink rubber (JSR) handle
- JSR rubber separator grip on lower tip and upper butt
- 3M Reflective tape – top guides
- Century carbon reducer available as optional extra
- Century sliding reel seat with integrated Coaster
- Century partition rod case